Acquisitions are an enormous opportunity for organisations to influence their future performance. They are also a great source of risk for many organisations. Mistakes made during the acquisition phase can have significant negative, flow-on effects, both financially and technically. Understanding the organisation’s goals, selection of appropriate capability, and estimation of asset performance and whole-of-life cost are critical to assuring future business performance.
Acquisitions can be complex, with unique considerations which need to be balanced and traded. Control and prioritisation of these considerations requires mature management processes, sophisticated analysis techniques, and expertise and experience of the involved individuals to identify and address risks and opportunities.
Capability Partners is able to support with acquisition by, in conjunction with the organisation, undertaking:
- Strategic Analysis and Planning (SWOT, PESTEL, Hoshin Kanri)
- Capability Options Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
- Reviewing asset options against the requirements set
- Estimating Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Supportability, Performance, and the needed Maintenance and Support
- Estimating Lifecycle Cost and Revenue Projections
- Development of acquisition plans e.g. Systems Engineering Management Plan, Integrated Logistic Support Plan, Final Inspection & Test Plan)
- Independent Verification and Validation plans and activities
Capability Partners can support your organisation control the acquisition process in order to select and implement the most suitable options for your business