1. Roads and Traffic Authority NSW
Modelling and Impact study – options study for the upgrade of major infrastructure
- Capability Partners (then CBD) assisted a large NSW government department in selection of one of a number of options for the upgrade of an aging item of infrastructure (Spit Road Bridge).
- Capability Partners developed selection criteria in consultation with the department, including the predicted reliability, relative cost, complexity and technological risk of each option.
- Upon agreement of a preferred option, Capability Partners then undertook further detailed reliability modelling and failure modes effects criticality analysis (risk assessment) of the conceptual design. The analysis was presented in a report to be used as a baseline for further assessment of proposed design solutions. Capability Partners also provided input to the tender technical statement of work before the department went out to tender for a design and build contract.
- Project timeframe: 2009 – 2011
- Project leads: Peter Kohler, Richard Arthur, John Bertram, Bruce Richens.
2. Lend Lease Infrastructure
Subsequent to the work for Roads & Traffic NSW, Capability Partners was separately engaged by the design and build contractor to update the baseline reliability modelling and risk assessment at the preliminary and detailed design stages